Sunday, September 16, 2012

Skin Food: Peach Sake Toner and Serum

Post by Amanda


I bought this product when I was in Korea in August. I had seen it before on Sasa and I really wanted to order it because I have really really oily skin but it was always sold out.

I bought the L'oreal Hydrafresh Anti-Shine Gel (will post on this later) earlier in the year because I had watched a few Youtube guru's claiming that it mattifies the skin so I was intrigued to buy it. I have to say it did not work for me. I wore it for a few hours and then would get oily, just goes to show not everyone is the same.

I was so excited when I bought this in Korea, I originally went into the Skinfood store because I wanted to buy some facial pack masks because my skin had broken out HORRIBLY! I think it was a combination of the pollution and the water my skin is not used to. I saw this and was like OMG! so I picked up two toners and two serums, I should have picked up the emulsion but at the time I did not see the point now I totally regret it. Also, I recently discovered that they have a Peach Sake Sunscreen (T_T NOOO)

What it does: 

Not only does it smell amazing (I really want to eat it, seriously) it's rich in Vitamin A and C and absorbs wonderfully. The bottles are cute and can be actually mistaken for a beverage
(boyfriend almost drank it... LOL)

The serum has an interesting texture, its not thick at all and does not clog pores, it does seem to have a powdery texture after putting it on, you can really feel it when you rub it into your skin and of course your skin produces less sebum.

*****
My Thoughts

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE SKIN FOOD! I love their slogan "Skincare for 14 years not 14 days" I've never found a product that I don't love from them. None of their products have made me break out before. I can see myself using these products for a very long time.


The Peach Sake line comes in glass bottles which I appreciate because it makes it seem more expensive than it really is. The serum also has a pump top! I do really appreciate fine packaging... lol

PLUS! they are so INEXPENSIVE most of their products are under the $20 range! on Sasa! even cheaper if you go to Korea! its rare when I see something $25 and over for their products.
So Affordable!! especially for you young girls who can't afford expensive brands yet.

I love the Peach Sake line but I think when winter rolls around I will have to find something that's more moisturizing but I will test it out and see.

Where Can You Get This Product?

As I've mentioned a few times you can get this on Sasa and on Ebay. Perhaps try visiting the Skinfood website they may have a location near you, I believe most are in California though... and of course Korea lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment