Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Funeral

The funeral was yesterday.

I woke up at fucking 5AM because my mom's an inconsiderate bitch and fucking turned on all the lights. My aunt was like "why are you up so early?" and then I pointed to my mom and was like WTF lol.

My mom kept ridiculing my aunts outfit saying "You look like an insane person everyone is going to think you are stupid and that you can't dress yourself" Everyone was like what the hell its her husbands funeral, she can wear whatever she feels like. My aunt is wearing a dark pant suit, its not black but she can wear whatever she wants. My mom on the other hand is wearing black yoga pants with a black dress and bright brown/yellow winter boots O_O

I've been given the task by my aunt to remove my mom from the funeral if she goes ape shit lol. I'm like oh fuck she's going to cause a bigger scene. I have my older cousin Andrew to help me with that, he said to me "don't worry I'll knock her out if anything happens" LOL

This is apparently going to be a catholic/military/hawaiin style funeral. So it should be interesting to say the least. I think the last time I went to a funeral was probably more than 10 years ago as far as I can remember, could be sooner but I really can't remember.

My mom's cousins arrived from San Francisco 10 minutes before we left for the church. I've only met the one and he's really nice, he likes Steve a lot. I think my mom was trying to get them to give her money because she was clinging on to them hardcore.

**********

At the church I helped a little to set up. I cried when they wheeled in my uncles body. It was kind of weird, I haven't seen him in 20 years and I hardly remember him but I still cried.

Beautiful church

It was quite long the ceremony, my cousin Stephen did the rosary prayer thing (I'm not catholic so I'm not sure what the actual term for this is) my other cousin did the second reading and then this guy sang and the priest performed the ceremony. There was one uncle that kept taking photos with flash on and we all thought it was inappropriate lol.

My stupid mom talked the whole time and I had to whisper yell at her lol. When they moved him outside there were two air force people there, why is my english so bad? they folded up the flag in a cool way and gave it to my aunt and there was a random guy in the distance in uniform playing a horn.

They are awesome

There were two rows of seating at the outdoor part of the ceremony for immediate family and my mom decides to take a seat there (it was for my aunt and her two kids and the brothers and sisters of my uncle who passed away) which left one person standing and I was so pissed off, I said to her that seat is not for you its for his family to which I received a reply "My leg hurts, I have cancer, I'm going to die soon) *rolls eyes* I could tell my aunt was pissed at her. But overall it was a really nice ceremony.

**********

Yaaay! I leave today and I don't have to share a room with my psycho mom! I hate her with a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment