Tuesday, July 30, 2013

She got hit!

Oh man....

This morning I woke up all pissed off because Monet (the dog) wouldn't stop barking. His mom isn't really good at disciplining her she just "shooshes" her and it annoys the crap out of me. Steve told her to discipline her more but she got defensive and said "you should wake up its morning! why are you sleeping!" it was like 9AM and we slept at like 3 (i guess 6 hours of sleep is enough -___-') but I was pissed off at his mom the whole day, I told my friend "I hope karma gets her" and it did, HARDCORE and I bet its coming for me next >.<

Later in the afternoon at 3PM his mom calls and says "I got into a car accident!" and Steve was like OH FUCK OFF, they were going to trade in his mom's car for a new one but the trade in value of the car was like $4000 (it has no accidents or anything) but because she got into an accident today it significantly dropped in value. I'm thinking they'll give her $3000 or even $2500 for the car now. So Steve was understandably mad and he said that she doesn't deserve a new car. She rear ended a guy because she failed to stop while doing a shoulder check.

So for most of the day Monet was hanging out with me staring at me.. lol. My plan was to go to the gym at around 8PM. At 7:30PM I heard Steve's mom screaming "monet! monet!" Turns out his mom left the doors open and Monet got out of the house and ran onto the street. His mom chased her around the street for a bit, I guess she thought its like a game because every time she got close she ran and then a big truck came down the street and hit Monet. I saw the whole thing too. Technically speaking he could have driven slower seeing that his mom was running around the street and Monet was running around too.

It was pretty traumatic, I've never witnessed an animal getting hit by a car and I don't want to see it ever again. I freaking ran as fast as I could out of the house and his mom was standing on the corner holding her head and was like "OMG HOW DID THIS HAPPEN" and was crying. Monet seemed confused, she could lift her head up but couldn't move the rest of her body, she just kept blinking at me. I said to Steve's mom we had to get her to an animal hospital ASAP and she ran in the house and grabbed a towel and I wrapped her in it, picked her up and ran into the car and called Steve.

The driver of the truck was like omg I'm sorry and said that he'll come by later to see how the dog is doing. I doubt he will show up >.< legally I don't think there's anything he is obligated to do since she was off leash.

We went to the animal clinic and they rushed to care for her. Steve got off work early to come see what was happening and his mom was pretty hysterical. The doctor came to see us when she was stable and told us that they were going to give her an x-ray because on the outside she looks fine but she there was blood coming out of her mouth so they were sure there was some internal injuries. Steve came when the x-rays were done and the vet told us that she has lots of air in her lungs so she needs a pneumocentesis, her ribs were fractured, she has abrasions on her legs and that her pelvis was broken. But we were at the clinic for a few hours and since they didn't have overnight care we had to transfer her to a 24 hour Animal clinic which was like a 25 minute drive away.

We took her to the other clinic when she was stable enough but they had to immediately take air out of her lungs and they had to do another x-ray to see if her condition changed. We were there for a few hours and there were moments where Steve and his mom were contemplating on whether or not to put her down because its so expensive for animal care.

Pet owners, PLEASE GET PET INSURANCE!! For the first visit to the animal clinic it costs $1000, they did the first x-ray, gave her morphine and other drugs and the pneumocentesis. Then the overnight care... it costs about $2000 to keep her for one night, ONE FREAKING NIGHT! She'll need a surgery to fix her ribs and her lungs which is going to be around $6000-8000 and I think they'll probably put her down because its so expensive. Plus to fix her pelvis will be $2000 and then there's aftercare medication and other costs like tests. I think they're going to euthanize her, its just too expensive.

They told Steve's sister and she was pretty upset, which I would be too. If she isn't better by morning there's a high probability that she will be put down. So sad, even though she was a misbehaving dog she was still sweet and liked to cuddle T___T

 When we first got her we liked to put her in random things lol

 But then we realized that she was needy and barked too much
so me and Steve were the only ones to punish her

 When someone left the house she would try to look out the window 
to see when they were coming back

 When people were out she would also sit by the door and wait for them
and if there was a bag she would just sleep in there until someone came home

 She also liked to rip up tissues if they were lying around

 She loved to sleep all day long and sunbathe when she was up

 If there were flats/shoes around she would horde them and sleep beside them
also chew them -__-'

 If there were piles of blankets or clothes she would curl up on them and nap

This was the last photo I took of her
She likes to stare at you for no reason...
maybe to creep you out lol

I hope she gets better by morning and that she won't need that chest surgery because if she does need it, she will be put down because it's so expensive.  I don't wish for this for any pet owner

And pet owners! I urge you to get pet insurance, this could be your pet one day. If I had the money to save Monet then I would do it.


Don't Forget To:

Follow me on Twitter!

Email me at StylePop101@gmail.com for future posts!

Check out my Instagram @StylePop101



No comments:

Post a Comment